Address: 24 Garrett Street, Moss Vale NSW 2577
A brief history
In November 1886 a meeting was held to discuss the erection of a Roman Catholic Church with a decision being made to buy two and a half acres of land offered by W. McCourt for £300.
Monsignor Rigney opened the new St Paul’s Church on the 15th of January 1888. The building cost £350 with the Presbytery opening at the same time at a cost of £600.
Dr. Higgins, Associate Bishop of Sydney, blessed the addition of a vestry and sanctuary on the 16th of November 1896.
A tower and other additions were made in 1916 at a cost of £1070. Archbishop Kelly blessed these in August.
VIRTUAL TOUR OF ST PAUL’S CHURCH
Click here to take a virtual tour of St Paul’s, Moss Vale.
Virtual tour created by Fr Joseph Maria Buckley OSPPE.